PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2022, 15:29
Speedbird223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing, thank you for all the details!

Originally Posted by Bellerophon
An example might be when JFK was using 04R for landing and 04L for departure. We might have been able to lift the weight off 04L, but would have been way over our noise limit, so we would request 22R for departure.

Wow, a great show for those in line for the 04L departure if you guys were using 22R!

31R was our preferred runway due to its proximity to the BA terminal, the Canarsie approach onto 13L was good fun and a frequent approach. 04R was also used and was an Autoland runway with Cat3A limits down to 15R / 700 ft RVR, useful in bad weather. Concorde had landing limits on all JFK runways, but, at least in my experience, the others were rarely, if ever, used.

By the 31R approach was right by my first home in the NYC area....alas some 10yrs after a Concorde last ever flew it, sadly. My father took the subsonic BA001 shortly after I moved to NYC and I would leave my place when I saw it come over and he'd be through baggage claim by the time I got to T7

I'm glad you enjoyed your flight on Concorde, it all seems so long ago now – probably because it was!
20yrs ago on Monday...