PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL in Germany as a non EU/US national
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2022, 14:36
wheniwasin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL in Germany as a non EU/US national

Hey everyone, i am planning to start my ATPL training soon, and would like help with some information.
Here's my current status: CASA (Australia) PPL and ELP Level 6. About 150 hours on a C 152. I plan to join a flight school in Germany for both my theory and flying. I have already contacted a few schools which have training in English, and they said i could join. I am not an EU or US national.

Here are the queries i have at the moment. I hope to add more to this post when i need help.
1) Any schools you'd recommend?
2) Can i join modular courses as a foreign national?
3) Can i join a theory only school as a foreign national?
4) What is brush up?
5) Since the training is in EN, would i need a German or English language certificate for the Visa? Can i use my ELP instead?
6) I can't easily figure out if i need a Student or Vocational Visa. I already emailed the Bürgerservice des Auswärtigen/ Federal Foreign Office Berlin, and their reply was not helpful. Please help.
7) I understand I need a EASA Class 1 medical & can use my unconverted PPL to sit the ATPL theory classes & ATPL exams. Am i mistaken?

Any information will be of great help to me. Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
I am a old forum user, but with little posts. Hence, my posts and replies need mod approval. Please pardon the delay.

Last edited by wheniwasin; 3rd Sep 2022 at 16:58. Reason: adding info