PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unable to see URL's
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2022, 11:29
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhieminga
Not a solution, but I have noticed that when the details about the poster (in this case NutLoose) are expanded as shown in the screenshot above, this means that the page has not finished loading for some reason. I often see this happening on my mobile, not on my laptop. The delay that is slowing down page loading could be related to the forum software looking up needed details on those Twitter links. Wait a bit longer or reload and (hopefully) they should show up. That is what happens on my phone....
That observation is shared. Loading the web on a mobile device keeps the expanded user data in view until it is all correctly received.

However, that specific behaviour is independent of the Twitter preview element in my case. That issue is easily understood becasue Twitter is blocked by the ISP altogether. VPN on = previews show / VPN off = all Twitter links missing. Repeated and replicated in a controlled manner. Same for YouTube and that is how I got the screens for the other post.

The expanded user data seems to depend on the quality and stability of the connection to PPRuNe servers, which is often dubious. Sometimes I get stuck with it but not on every occasion. Use of VPN can either improve it or cause it, depends on the day.