PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2022, 10:48
Coachcpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In jest - “Steve?!!” (As one news source is quoting The OC of the reds said “David Montenegro, Officer Commanding the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team said: “Steve (Ogston) the pilot of Red 6 is a bit shaken but well.” - source: deeside.com)….

I thought Red 6 - was Sqn Ldr Gregor Ogston.

in any case Steve/Gregor certainly demonstrated what a properly destroyed bird in the back seat of a BAe Hawk ACTUALLY looks like.

I expect the feathery protestor had a bit of timber on it to do that? Seagulls full to the brim with stolen McDonalds cheeseburgers do get rather plump mind you.

Assuming the reds ride this media “circus” out next year and go back to Rhyl it maybe worth while Red 10 spaffing off some loud bird scaring shots across the display line next year….

As I understand Flt Lt James Turner (Red 7) helped guide the stricken Jet in to a safe and professional landing at Hawarden Airport (EGNR) from the wing tip whilst the ambient noise and chatter with the inability to make effective comms was all going on.

Great team work and an outstanding result from the Syncro pair I would say.

Well done the Red Arrows! The Red Arrows may only be cancelled after Nig’elle Far-out-arge gets the shove in my opinion.

In a time where British media and public opinion is seemingly all about “who is more patriotic?” with even the Monarchy up for a public tribunal it was only a matter of time before the journalists went for another national icon. The lads are as red white blue as they come, they went off to Europe - found a nice little taverna, got on the sauce and dipped their wicks - albeit inappropriately and had a fight - I mean aren’t most of this forum not involved in the multi billion pound industry of true patriots doing exactly the same thing every summer? It’s what we do! (Sadly).

Like the rest of us the Reds were locked up
and shut down for an agonising period, brains get stale, souls get grumpy, hopes and aspirations feel dashed, tigers come out of cages, frustrations bubble to the surface. Knobs, figuratively, metaphorically and physically will come out.

Give the lads a break! They’ve still got the “stuff”!

Wow. That was a rant…..

Matt