PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2022, 13:11
Beamr

Received 332 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
The 186K was a recent break down ex the UK MOD, including 200, 300 and POW's there were 1000 POW still on the books apparently....
Thanks, so it's the worst case scenario, however latest I saw from UK MOD was estimate of 50k total KIA/WIA (july 17th, BBC interview with Admiral Tony Radakin), and that would make more sense.

My issue with the number 180 is that it would mean that 65% of Russian ground forces (280000) would've been wiped out already. This would mean that the Russian front would've already collapsed and there would hardly be any troops left in any of the garrisons from Kola peninsula to Kuril islands.

Also, the roughly 50k KIA is Ukrainian figure with the UK and US figures being way much more conservative.
Then the turret numbers, as Z force has lost 1800 MBT's it would be up to 5200 tank crew members, but not all were blown up, some were just abandoned. In any case it woukd not be a number of significance otherwise than that those were specially trained crews, much harder to replace than the average DPR "volunteer".

I don't have more accurate numbers or direct knowledge so my assumptions are just that, but If we take the different estimates and average it out to 20-25k killed, we'd have a number of 80-100k discounted from the Z force. Which as a number is huge, but more plausible.