PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas loses $860 million last year.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2022, 06:45
Mr_App

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can I play too?

They are trying to get cashflow by selling tickets in advance, cancelling services, then offering play money vouchers
I had my flight cancelled, the choice was from a dozen other options same day, or a refund.

They are trying to increase load factors by cutting services by 10%
Find me an airline on earth that is not cutting services to grow revenue to offset surging fuel prices? It’s not about making headline load numbers look pretty on financial reports my friend.

They are trying to increase revenue by hiking fares by 20%
Coles and Woolworths about 9%. Kmart 12%. Qantas 20% Rex 11% Your point?

They launch new routes to India, Korea, JFK, Rome and Project Sunrise, yet can't even run on time or service the routes the already have
Seems to be in the 90% range for departures today.

So sure take it while it's there, but be prepared to move to the Middle East or Asia if you seek similar conditions when QF/JQ either folds or outsources its flying
I would hardly call Jetstar conditions legacy. Also did you miss the SH Qantas EBA getting up? Bonza seems to be having challenges getting numbers for its payscale, times that by a few hundred other positions, seems laughable.

Can you not smell the desperation regarding all of these decisions
No, I can’t.

So essentially, what your saying is you want Qantas and Jetstar to fold because it’s good for the industry? (or as above some FO is seeing your misses?)