PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not-so-woke Reds
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 18:50
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggus
Is there a case for grounding the Reds for flight safety reasons until the inquiry is complete and remedial action taken?

Such an action would show leadership, intent, that the matter is being taken sufficiently seriously, being given due attention and allow it to be resolved (hopefully) more quickly.

As for flight safety, I'm sure lots of people will say these are all highly trained "professionals" who can get on with the job despite the situation. But can anyone truly say that with everything that is going on, and there's talk that we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg, so we can only guess the full extent, that the situation isn't providing a serious distraction, at least for some (and it's not all about the pilots), from the task at hand?

What was the name of that Flight Safety film from the 70s/80s with the (fictional I should add) experienced Jaguar flight commander who died ....ah yes, "Distractions"!! (still available on youtube).

Or will the RAF just stick it's fingers in it's ears and say "nothing to see here, move on, we're taking this seriously, an investigation is in progress, lessons will be identified", all the usual mouth music.

Is PR/image more important to the RAF than flight safety?
I think we know the answer, Biggus. (and no VSOs will be harmed in the playing of that music)

I remember ‘distractions’ - quite punchy at the time of release.