PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 06:57
McToryMug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent

As well in a sense, referencing another post up here, the family move in your specific case would:
+ open possibilities of social security not available at present location

​​
So he is leaving the UK to go to the UAE for social security . I think I am done.

If you lose your job in the UAE, you are on the streets and deported, if you cant pay the hospital bill you are wheeled out into the street.

There is always some guys who fall for the glossy brochures and large signs saying 'Hello tomorrow' or 'we take your career very seriously' 'fly better' and are impressed by the folk who come across to the hotel conference room to tell them all about it and look and sound just like them! The truth is you are investing your future in a different country, a country in the ME not Europe and most importantly giving up what you have which inevitably comes with consequences. Your mortgage interest on UK properties is even higher as an expat, never mind the lack of job security!

I can understand the move for the Hong Kong refugees and those without work. I will never understand those giving up UK jobs to move to a place where you have zero rights, a meaningless contract and are a second class citizen. Maybe I am wrong, and the more that leave the UK the better for many wanting to get home I guess.

Last edited by McToryMug; 25th Aug 2022 at 07:27. Reason: u