PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2022, 04:48
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 777boyo
With regard to the discussion here about UK Tax, one thing I learned very early on in my 33 years in the Gulf was to never, ever, take Tax or Investment advice from fellow pilots. With the exception of one knowledgeable colleague who had worked in finance prior to becoming a pilot, the advice was either plain wrong, partly wrong, or simply misinformed or misleading. Talk to a professional. For UK expats only - have a read of the official HMRC Statutory Residence Tests document -
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...dence-test-srt
flyThe BIgFatLady said in a post above - "guess if you are registered in the uk renting out your making a taxable income, and for my knowledge if you are a tax payer in Europe you must register all of the incomes you have. Therefore legally you are required also to mention your Dxb income on the uk tax forms.doing not so is technically in most European countries tax fraud and comes with fine. therefore your whole calculation would become obsolete." This is in general not correct, at least for UK Expats, don't know about our European colleagues. As long as you maintain your 'Non Resident' status with HMRC, you only need to declare your income which arises from UK sources. (I have that in writing from HMRC). Which is why it is important to read the Statutory Residence Tests and ensure you maintain that status, and speak with a professional.
7B
Thanks for that
i wrote „guess“ in the hope to get also a specific answer like yours. And clearly it is depending on the residency status.
as you said if you are not a resident than the income only made in the specific country counts for tax.