PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian asleep
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 06:20
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
I am not claiming to be superhuman but my skipper and I would always be well rested for a long haul across the pond.
You are not claiming to be an idiot either but it is obvious for all to see.

We did have the luxury of a third crew member which allows a rest during the flight but I defy any self respecting commander to sleep when travelling at .75 and having 300 souls on board.
ICYMI the crew were operating a B737. It can neither accommodate 300 SOB or has a third crew member unless there is some form of training or checking going on. You are also assuming that the crew were only operating 1 sector. This could have been sector 4 which had included a BOC duty. They did not fall asleep because they were incompetent or couldn't give a flying f#$k for the people in the back. They probably fell asleep because they were fatigued to a point that their bodies decided that the eyes were to close and the brain was to close down to rejuvenate. Fatigue is a world-wide problem in aviation and will only get worse with lax regulators and airlines wanting to make up for lost revenue from the last 2 years.