PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 20th Aug 2022, 06:38
The B Word

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
olster A very fair point. I suppose the issue with comedies about racist behaviours can also encourage it as people think it’s funny but they really mean it! By the way, I’m also not advocating today’s comedy position either - one where it appears you can’t say anything as it may offend someone! I’m amazed that Dad’s Army is still on telly as it could be seen to ridicule the old!!!

vascodegama Yes, I recall similar. Also, agreed some accommodation is unisex but some is still segregated as the ablutions are unfit as they were designed and built in the 1930s or so with all-male workforce in mind. Although, that said, some would prefer to have working showers full-stop rather than what they currently endure! Also, where female toilets have been introduced then often the singular disabled toilet is allocated to females too..So if you go to 40% female workforce there are going to be queues in some buildings (one of which I can think of was built about 15 years ago and has office accommodation for around 800 staff!).