PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2022, 18:23
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest
Hang on a fig pudding minute. The data is only collected from the airlines first month of ops in which case pax numbers are bound to be lower than an airline that's been going for years. On top of that you've got delayed Q400 deliveries and one Q400 taken out of service due to a heavy landing. I for one am getting pissed off with people who look at early data, rumours etc and then scream out "LOOK NEW FLYBE IS A FAILURE!!!" For god sakes give the guys a bloody chance! I would say you need to at least wait until September figures come out when the airline should finally be a lot more stable before making any kind of judgement. Let's not forget 12 months ago we had the same idiots making out new Flybe would never get off the ground and it was all a slot grab, look how utter garbage that has turned out to be.
Nobody has reacted in that way. Literally any questioning of things and you jump accusing others of wishing Flybe to fail or suggesting they already are. I don’t think many people want Flybe to fail but you can still question and ponder without it meaning you’re wishing failure upon them.

Considering we had users telling us the reason flights were not on sale was because they were fully sold out, and they were then dropped and now we’ve had people telling us Flybe has great loads and figures then revealed they didn’t, it seems the misinformation has come from those who try and put a positive spin on things. And of course as always we’ve had those who say it can’t possibly be Flybe and the CAA must have messed up, just like their leasing companies and every other group blamed for any problems.

It was mentioned before that Flybe said they could operate empty for two years and still survive so who knows maybe 19% is better than expected for month 1. Either way with the delays and cancellations it’s likely they didn’t make much money in month 1.

I await the “stop talking Flybe down” posts from Air Southwest and Bean shortly…