PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reported Pause in RAF White Recruiting To Meet Diversity Targets
Old 18th Aug 2022, 13:26
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I suspect this post may be slightly controversial, but here goes

IMHO there are certain roles in the RAF that actually matter, and others that matter far 'less'. Aircrew matter. Air Trafficer's matter...amongst others of course. Get your job wrong and there are immediate and possibly fatal consequences.

Admin staff? Stackers?...In my experience they were usually obstructive and incompetent anyway so who really cares if we are not picking people for such roles based on ability?

If the RAF simply must increase diversity, then I still don't see that it needs to be across the board - as in 'every single trade'. Why not continue to select the most talented, even if they are white males, for the jobs that really matter, and then meet the ridiculous diversity targets by recruiting the 'targeted groups' into areas where they can do little damage if they are not up to the job? I mean, lets face it, when I went to stores to get something I needed, I fully expected to be told that they either didn't have it, didn't have my size, or did not accept that I needed it. When I asked PSF to do something, I fully expected it to be late (if done at all) and incorrect. I survived! Why not recruit to meet diversity targets into areas such as these (and I am NOT suggesting that 'diverse' people are less competent, just that if diversity is to become the main recruitment criteria, then it follows that ability may drop).

This way, the war fighters stay competent and able to survive the ultimate Darwinian environment that is combat, and the people from whom I never expected or received much in the way of service anyway can help the RAF stay WOKE, Rainbow coloured and all nice and fluffy.

Just my thoughts...