PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air Crew Forced to Resign
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2022, 15:45
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I broke the rules three times..the first ex home base when there wasn’t enough staff to load the containers. The captain was a waste of space and we all went over the max legal duty time without being asked.
The second was a planned illegal operation back from Tokyo which the captain who was a big management guy knew about before we left base but didn’t inform us.
The third was four simulator sessions in two days with 6 hours off between the pairs which I agreed under duress and got branded a trouble maker.
In my first lot they planned a night Malta or Nicosia from standby which could only be operated under the standby irregularities rule..it soon stopped as my captain went sick and a danair comet or 727 was brought in.
A friend went crew fatigue on the 1-11 during winter operations in CPH IIRC..he was brought into the office in an attempt to concoct a story to dismiss the captain. Unfortunately for the loud mouth manager who slagged said captain off in front of a BALPA rep he was reported and taken to court for slander which he lost..kept his management job though.
As to the authorities doing anything..pull the other one.