PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 21:01
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the time taken for the reponses guys.. Trying to get a 737/320 job in the UK is difficult with the ATR hours too. The only ones who seem willing to take you on are BA and Aer Lingus. Virgin hired recently but were only interested in Boeing or Airbus guys. Jet2 was vastly oversubscribed and easyJet only hiring rated or new cadets. TUI only interested in rated guys. Cargo jobs seem to be heavily contacts based and even then when the likes of west atlantic hire, they want you rated on the 737 otherwise they'll put you on the ATR for X years again. DHL not open to prop guys. There are regional ops but again I'll be staying on props.

You can always pay 30k and join ryanair which being honest doesn't seem like a bad idea right now when you consider the potential salary earnings disparity between prop and jet jobs going further into the future. You'll make the money back pretty quick further down the road with the opportunities that open up. It really feels like I've hit a wall in where I can go with my prop hours.