PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 21:00
jethro15

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like the cabin crew should have been more robust in their response
A totally unjust statement.

For a start, there are inconsistences with what is/was being reported, and what the video shows. Agreed, the passenger is behaving in an unacceptable manner towards a cabin crew member and another passenger. Given the stature female staff involved, and the abuse she was subjected to, I applaud her efforts to remain calm. I wasn’t there but it does appear that a fellow passenger intervened to alleviate the situation. However, I feel there is more to this incident than journalism and social media are enabling constructive comment to be made.

It was a serious incident necessitating a divert to offload the offending passenger. I for one am prepared to wait for an official outcome, before falling foul of casting ill-informed judgment.

I thought the Air Navigation Order exists to give crew very strong powers to do whatever seems necessary at the time, especially post 9/11?
An interesting point. I’m sure there have been incidents reported on this forum of cabin staff restraining passengers, just like there have been of passengers doing likewise. Supper is ready; therefore, research is on hold.