PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2022, 14:28
nimrodjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320LGW
Fair enough. Has it not happened in the past though?
it has happened in the past, about the same time as Ryanair was doing roadshows in the UAE.

Training in the ME is not up to the standards you are probably used to in Europe/USA. The word on the street was that the prop guys weren’t up to the job with many not getting through the training and recruitment for prop lads ultimately stopping.

The truth is, Emirates training wasn’t up to the job. Also, there is a lot of prejudice from many of the trainers who are from parts of the world where you have to be a lot older to get on the “big birds” or need to have joined with the same jet time as they did back in 1994 otherwise you are an imposter. It’s a strange mindset because I have found prop guys in no way inferior.

I just find it interesting because EK do see them as inferior and when the prop boys turn up ,our big boss BT sends us all emails saying how well recruitment is going , which I read to mean “we’re scraping the barrel again.”

Interesting that the big balls trainers walking around moaning about guys coming with thousands of hours on the ATR/dash don’t bat an eyelid when the 100 hour wonder local turns up in his school uniform.