PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2022, 10:51
MickG0105

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969
Numbers for today
Looking at one direction only, but just for Mick I will add 549 OOL-SYD ...
No need to add anything for me, I have access to the whole data set but thanks for the thought - it appears to be the only one applied to that post.

Mick
30 @1.6hours? Maybe on MEL-CBR, allowing for 30 minutes turn around, REX is doing 61 hours per day, assuming all 6 flying, 10 hours per day each, perhaps this could be higher, but look at their on time performance verses QF, may be a better way to operate rather than having no give in the schedules
Instead of embarrassing yourself here making inane statements see if you can find someone who works at an airline who can explain what block hours are. Based on Rex's current schedule they are clocking an aggregate of about 315 hours block time over 196 flights for the week. That's an average of 1.6 block hours per flight. Week days they have 30 flights a day, less on weekends.

With a bit of luck whoever explains block hours might also be able to explain to you how utilisation is calculated. Then you might grasp that Rex are currently under utilising their current fleet.

6 months?! WTF are you talking about? The recovery in domestic aviation activity has been running largely unimpeded for over 12 months now. Activity has more than quadrupled over that period
Looking back through rosy coloured glasses Mick
No, looking at data. You should try it some time.

70% break even is reasonable, but for over a decade REX has been making a profit with well under this, perhaps 60%
Reasonable based on what. What's your rationale for making that statement?

You break even when your revenue matches your costs. The cost base for owned, 25 year old turboprops operating in and out of regional strips is markedly different to leased jets flying in and out of major airports. That cost difference alone will shift the break even point given as load factor. I suspect that a 10 year old would probably grasp that.

In any event, one minute you were saying a 70 percent load factor was the break-even point, a day later you had that down to 60 percent. You appear to have NFI what you are talking about ... and you appear that way routinely on a very wide and expanding range of topics.

And I bet they have paid more company tax than QF has over the past 10 years
And speaking of that wide and expanding range of topics you have NFI about, let's add corporate taxation to the list.

I'll take that bet. What are you putting up as your stake?

You seem determined to continually better yourself in the most stupid statement of the day stakes. Of some concern is that it wouldn't have taken you 20 minutes of skimming through annual reports to determine that Qantas paid more than three times as much in company tax in just one year, FY19, than Rex has paid in aggregate over the past 10 years.

You couldn't have expended even that amount of effort to avoid coming across as an idiot?