PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WIZZ AIR Skiathos vid
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 11:38
Confusious

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonty
And scenario 3 involves an unexpected tail wind on very short final meaning the aircraft now goes off the end with the loss of all onboard. And don’t even get me started on a loss of braking ecam on roll out.

JSI is a very “interesting” airport to land at. It’s stretching the limits of what some aircraft are capable of.

I’m not going to criticise the Wizz crew in this instance, I wasn’t flying it. And I know the majority of Wizz pilots are very capable and well
trained individuals.

What I will criticise are “arm chair pilots” who haven’t flown these aircraft in to this airport and feel it’s right to criticise the crew for what appears to be a low approach.
I'm not an armchair pilot, been there and done it.

Scenario 3 would of course be very unfortunate, but again I say if you were at correct speeds and profile then your conscience would be clear. TBF though it would have to be massive swing in wind direction to add 200m+ to the landing distance.

Let's just agree to disagree Jonty as we're all entitled to our opinions. I hope that deliberately flying high/low/fast/slow doesn't one day come back to bite you.

At the end of the day flight safety is the priority to all of us here.

Safe flying!