PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WIZZ AIR Skiathos vid
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2022, 09:38
Jonty

Received 18 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
Having visited Skiathos many times for a well known (but now defunct) A321 operator I totally disagree. It is easy enough to stop on 02 in the A321 if you cross the threshold at 50' and don't delay touching down. Runway 20 is more challenging as it is downhill.

This approach would have been abandoned at any other destination. WTF was the PM doing? He/she was certainly not monitoring the trajectory. More likely complicit in the whole thing. There has never been a need to operate like this in JSI in an A321. The crew deserve to be shown the door for endangering an aircraft and its occupants. Sooner or later somebody will lose their life as a result of idiots showboating there.

If you want to fly like this, hire something on your days off. The paying punter does not deserve to be put at risk for someone's ego trip.
if you have flown in here with a now defunct A321 operator (wonder which one!) then you will know full well you’re talking rubbish. And will have done exactly what this crew did yourself. So you either had your eyes shut or enjoy making out you’re something you’re not.

For those saying if it meets the landing distance calculations it’s fine. I’m my experience it does not meet the dispatch criteria, but does meet the in-flight criteria. The “now defunct” operator I used to fly in here with had dispensation to operate in this way.