PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2022, 12:05
MickG0105

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
Before I comment on this thread again I am going, against all that is holy, to buy a couple of J class tickets* on Rex and report back.

*because no bueno for QF staff travel on desired dates. But it sounded good, right?
I'd give them a go myself but they don't fly out of MCY. They almost certainly have a better than half decent product. Their roll out strategy, however, has been two large servings of half-arsed.

They launched a new product into a market that they traditionally had no real exposure to, cut their marketing budget just to be sure that no one heard about it, botched their market placement, sent mixed messages to the market and straight out lied to the ASX, and then whinged incessantly that all their woes were of someone else's doing. If the rejected take-off they had out of Sydney in the first week of their launch had have gotten full media attention they probably would have been DOA.

They've managed 875 paying pax over ten flights SYD-MEL today for a just sub-50 percent load factor, the only consolation being they're managing to get bums on J seats.

Despite all of those balls ups they're still in there with half a chance largely due to QF's and VA's problems.