PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2022, 15:57
nimrodjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
He has a point though. Inflation set to hit 15% in the UK. BA? They had a pay cut. Virgin same. RYR still not back to pre covid. Jet2 the only one who gave 8%. Look at the other threads on this site. Many unhappy guys/gals everywhere.

Recession from October 2022-end of 2023. Certainly in the UK it’s going to be very very painful. Anyone not on a fixed rate mortgage for at least the next 2 years it could be game over. Utilities are about to go up 75% again. Not just here either. Mate in Australia has been there 12 years and never seen anything like it. Every week prices going up on basic goods. Biggest squeeze for a generation coming left right and centre.

I know some of you are not liking EK or Dubai but man the UK is brutal right now. Nearly £2 a litre on fuel. £150 a month on gas and electric living in a flat. If you’re in a 3/4 bed house you looking at £300 a month. EU land not much better from guys/gals at other bases.
Sounds like project fear. You talk about the economy in almost apocalyptic terms over the next 18 months.

It does surprise me then that you would wish to move to Dubai where your family’s long term financial security is in the hands of a couple of managers in ek. Please don’t assume that these people have any ethics or morality.

If you do choose that this is the right time to give up a uk contract under western law plus some Union representation for the rest of your career , then I wish you all the best.

Extra reading
please see 2008 recession in dubai
please see handling of Covid pandemic in emirates

Last edited by nimrodjoe; 7th Aug 2022 at 18:45.