PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. Learjet salaries
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2022, 20:40
travelpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've moved on from the lear a while ago, but only a few years back Captains were on £90k and FO's were on £45k on a 6/3. I keep in touch with a guys and girls that still fly the lear and have moved around a bit, but really depends on the operator:

"Europe's favourite airline" pay £100k for left seat and £55k for the right. I believe that is where the perks stop as they revoke all leave for the crew in summer (offset by an additional £1k / month 'bonus'). 4/4 roster with no FTL's so can work day or/and night. Occasionally 6/3 roster to cover staff shortages as there is a high turnover.

European air ambulance outfits pay about ~100k euro for a skipper and ~60k euro for an FO. Rosters are 50/50, one week on and one week off and include private healthcare packages.

There's a lear75 outfit that pay ~£70k for captains and about half that to the FO's. I believe its a 6/3 but flexibility is key so don't expect a set pattern. No perks there other than standard UK pension.

Privately owned lears don't really have a roster as it's on demand at the owners request, but from what I've heard it's in Hobbits ballpark of £60-45k depending on seat and experience, with day rates between £600-400.

Not many CAT Lear operators left in the UK these days, so if you're self funding maybe look at investing your cash elsewhere or another type. That said, if it's not your money, renew it and perhaps you set your own terms as a freelancer?