PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 08:33
Mr_App

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thought I’d join to educate a few on the topic. Is a few online platforms you can use. Not sure which one the poster is using above however if you have a subscription to Nexus, ExpertFlyer, KVS availability, you can see loads. How it works is these companies buy the data from the GDS (as do agents with full access ), they make a business from subscriptions.

Having a quick look I can see Rex loads on Nexus and ExpertF. I cannot see Jetstar or Qantaslink. Qantas is very patchy due to awards. Rex is a simple airline, the numbers are accurate. You can get a free subscription to the second one however I think they restrict viewing. The numbers are good post departure for accuracy with award seats you won’t get accurate data for some carriers. You use these platforms for award planning which can become a very useful tool. For example, Expert Flyer is giving a load for the now departing Melbourne to Sydney of around 30 people. A Sydney to Brisbane flight looks busy. A Melbourne to Adelaide flight about a third. The figures are the same on Nexus, so nothing wrong with the numbers. EDIT- Expert flyer seems to offer a free subscription but limits the amounts of searches to about half dozen flights a day. So anyone can go and suss out loads. I assume this is where the journalist and posters on this site get the loads from.

Last edited by Mr_App; 3rd Aug 2022 at 10:12.