PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Co-pilot exits the aircraft during the approach for an emergency landing...
Old 30th Jul 2022, 19:49
7p3i7lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It shouldn't take long to determine what happened to the R MLG. The rest of the story should be pretty interesting."

Reported as a hard landing at that 50' by 4000' grass strip. PLane departed and reported the right gear "problem".

"Is there even a door on the RHS of the fuselage you could wrestle/inspect the gear from? Through the #2 engine prop-wash?"

Since it is used for airdrop/parachute training by the mil and other users opening the rear ramp would be the preferred way of viewing the gear rather than a door forward of the props.
But, I think you might be able to see enough from the windows in any case. Leaning out the ramp or any door without a chute or restraint doesn't seem very wise for this young man. RIP.
Another option would obviously be to do a tower fly by to check the gear. Perhaps the Capt was concerned about other damage as well? Should be an interesting debrief. Tragic.