PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Smiles: shareholders and executives grin, customers and staff grit their
Old 27th Jul 2022, 12:48
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Vasis
There is no "aerial service" if there are no profits...
And there are no profits if there is no aerial service, or at least there are no sustainable profits if there is no service that is of sufficient quality to continue to attract customers to sustain the profit.

I want the companies in which I invest to generate sustainable profits. Qantas continues to trade and generate profits on its brand. But its brand is being trashed (and has already been trashed for many of us). Qantas's shareholders must be very relieved at all those stories about all those sheeples who continue to line up to pay in advance to be treated like ****. But I'm guessing that many shareholders get that strong uneasy feeling in the nether regions each time a customer goes public with some horror story.

(I'll dig up some stuff by that pinko, commie, leftie Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz showing that the singular focus on maximising shareholder value is easy in the short term but wrong in the long run.)