PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2022, 07:10
VHOEG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finestkind
Sounds good Zac.
Word of advice. Make certain you adhere to a/your timeline so that you do not end up missing out. YR 12 will be busy enough and more so if you add in your ASP and OSB. The new system (if it has not already been stuffed up) has a bit more flexibility to it. I would certainly make sure you have all your RC stuff done by the end of the year which should allow you to be available for testing etc. Do not forget if there is a hiccup in the RC line i.e a medical issue which you may wish to dispute, that this will take time. Once again you will have enough to do next year without having something like that on your plate.

Good luck.
Finestkind,
As someone trying to get in (either ADFA or DEO) for 2023, would you mind enlightening me on a few things?
  • I certainly have a goal.
  • I believe I've got the motivation.
  • I believe I can apply myself (at least based on school experience).
  • I don't know about the potential [yet] (I've flown a little which I loved and seemed to "understand" - for what it's worth in ~10 hrs - according to instructors).
  • I think I have a realistic appreciation for the difficulty and demands of pilot's course.
But I'm a bit lost regarding maturity.
I think I'm 'mature' but was told at the start of the year to gain more leadership experience (which I have since done) to 'mature' a bit before continuing on the DEO application side later this year.
Do you have any suggestions on what you're looking for in a person on pilot's course regarding maturity? Likewise, are there any 'indicators' for potential (or any other areas, for that matter) that you look for?

Admittedly, at the end of the day, my biggest fear would be to fail pilot's course (particularly after getting an IMPS from ADFA) so I want to make sure that if I'm offered a place as a pilot, I put myself in the best possible position (and state of mind) to pass (and hopefully excel at) pilot's course.

Thank you.
Got ASP coming up soon so any advice will be great to take into OSB if successful at ASP.