PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2022, 17:14
BIGBAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twiglet1
BIGBAD
What's up? If you've been made redundant before you tend to have a different outlook on Airline life. During Covid did you not think think VS might go to the wall?
Pilots from the Middle East not happy? Tell them to go back they are all recruiting again.
Not entirely sure what you’re driving at ? I’ve been made redundant twice and worked for many airlines but it doesn’t mean I should be grateful for the crumbs being thrown.

Many airlines have had T&Cs and contracts ripped up, Virgin being no exception. It has gone from being a ‘lifestyle’ airline, ie average pay (for an airline) but good lifestyle to no lifestyle, increased working (20%) and the same pay, after enduring either a 47% cut or redundancy ( although a meagre sub inflation rise is in the pipeline).

it’s rather simplistic to say , go back to where you came from, these are life changing decision, maybe you don’t understand that ?

Some have left, many are biding their time to see what comes in the next year or so. Don’t get me wrong Virgin was a great place to work but times have changed, it may be once again but it will take years to regain just a fraction of what has been lost.

Last edited by BIGBAD; 25th Jul 2022 at 18:35.