PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Access to cargo bay
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2022, 14:27
NutLoose

Received 2,826 Likes on 1,205 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Security through Obscurity rarely works.

Hoping that the bad guys will remain ignorant about something that thousands of people know how to do could also be described as a clueless philosophy ...
When doing Royals, the RAF plods would turn up and ask me to open various panels so they could peer inside, while the sniffer dogs did upstairs and generally round the externals....
Opening a panel up the plod stares in at the myriad of pipeworks, bottles, cylinders and electrics... Asking what are you looking for, he replies "bombs".. "Ahh so are you expecting to find a big black ball marked bomb with a fuse out of the top? you do realise anyone of those components in there could be a cunningly disguised bomb and you would be none the wiser, do you know what any of that lot is for?"... A glazed expression fell across his face as he points up the fin and announces "I would now like to look in there".. "Fine" says I, as I look quarter of the way up the fin, "Two things though, One, how the heck do you think a bad guy was going to get in and get quarter of the way up the fin on a VC10 to unscrew about 60 odd screws and remove the panel to plant his bomb and Two, being a fuel tank, do you not think he might have got awfully wet?
"Errrmm, perhaps we'll leave that one".. "good idea says I"