PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Holdpool
Thread: BA Holdpool
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2022, 10:12
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey
It’s true that for some people BA remains a good opportunity. I think the pool of people for which that is true is, and has been for some time, reducing. The principle reason for this (again in my view) is the inexplicable management culture at BA which sees senior management determined to constantly be at war with their own staff. This has resulted in a material reduction in terms & conditions & quality of life at BA with no sign of any improvement on the horizon. For whatever reason, the relationship is completely broken.

If you look at some of the places BA has historically recruited the majority of their experienced new first officers - easyjet, Ryanair, jet2 - it is far from clear to me that a move from any of these three places to BA makes any kind of sense anymore. Jet2 in particular stands in stark contrast to BA at the moment in terms of how they are treating their staff, and actually I’m aware of several people hoping to leave BA to go there in the near future.

If I was at one of the operators you describe, BA would not be my first choice at the moment, and choice - subject to your qualifications and hours - does exist.
Fair enough. Can I ask why BALPA hasn’t done more to look after its members’ interests at BA ? Or perhaps that might open a can of worms.

The picture I’m getting is of BA management doing whatever they want and BALPA saying ‘ok’ ….happy to be corrected!