PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2022, 08:18
Speedbrakes Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living up north is no problem.
Pilots sometimes come down the day before, especially if its an early check in, otherwise most travel down on the day. Really depends how far north you are.

900hrs is the legal maximum, is it achievable, I don't think so, but I do think 800-850 is achievable.

4-5 trips a month, usually 2-3 days off after a trip depending on length of the trip.

Good mix of trips, west coast the majority are 2 nighters, east coast and florida are mainly bullets, as are India, Pakistan is 2-3 night due to the schedule.

Good mix no matter what your seniority is. Its a rotating bid group system, which is wip but will improve.

35 days leave per annum, with 1 day extra per year up to year 10... I think.

Days off per month minimum 10.

Staff travel is good especially with Virgin, standby fares, zed fares, mates rates etc.... ID90 with all over carriers.

Allowance are HMRC global rates.

Overtime, yes plenty for now, but if your full time and only fancy 1 or 2 days off you might be able to move a trip perhaps a day or 2 forward, but If you have a family and plan your life once the roster is out, I'd forget overtime. Unless you for example have a week of annual leave in the middle of school term, and by chance they need extra working, you might be ok.