PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2022, 11:22
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alrosa
Different strokes for different folks. Know thyself, what you want from your flying job, what you want from life outside, do the research then apply.

Different people are looking for different things …Virgin might be a great choice for some people, others will be better off at a different gig. I think it’s easy to fall into the trap in these airline-specific threads (I’m seeing it in the BA thread) of thinking everyone thinks like me, is in the same financial situation as me, and is looking for the same things as me.

The good news is in the space of a week, the options for people to look elsewhere have gotten much better.
Correct. Personally I have a far better overall quality of life doing long haul over short haul, having experienced both. Jetlag is usually gone after the first night if managed correctly.

Unfortunately every thread about pay and conditions is hijacked by a particular delusional company lapdog who can’t miss an opportunity to come onto an anonymous public forum and attempt to justify his life choices, so these threads just become a phallus waving contest whilst completely ignoring the fact that everybody is different. Given my life experience, I could never go to a short haul only airline (and no, Jet2 won’t be flying to Barbados any time soon), the same way others couldn’t go to a long haul only airline. Horses for courses.