PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing could cancel the 737 MAX 10
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2022, 18:23
Sailvi767

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Pistons Forever
Boeing's near to medium term future is totally dependent on what happens to world air travel. I would suggest that one of the major drivers of recent new MAX orders is the fact that it will be several years before an airline will be able to take delivery of a Airbus 320/321 aircraft ordered now, given how far out the production slots are sold out. If there is another economic contraction then the reality is Airbus could meet nearly all the narrow body demand and Boeing will only be able to move product at an uneconomic price point. In any case I don't think the MAX 10 will ever fly and Boeing has effectively already ceded the 757 size market to Airbus with the A321XLR given the failure to launch the NMA

The wide body market is equally fraught with airlines giving up on the 787 in favor of he A330NEO and the A350 after all the 787 production woes. The future of the 777X program is also looking increasingly uncertain.

If there is a rapid and sustained rebound in world air travel, then I think Boeing may have a chance to dig itself out of the hole it made.

Personally I think there is no longer a future for Boeing commercial and the only question is how long it hangs on before being spun off into bankruptcy
The A330 NEO is pretty much a failure with Delta the only airline showing it real Love. Orders are terrible and it’s questionable how long Airbus will maintain the production line even at the fire sale prices they gave Delta.