PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2022, 14:20
NutLoose

Received 2,816 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Tartiflette Fan
Can anyone explain to me why exact numbers of systems/munitions are being sent to ukraine and publicised ? I understand that there may be a public-relations effect for this, but is it not severely negated by the tactical effect ? If suddenly Himars are hitting among ammo depots, is that not better that possibly displaced depots from a week befpre ?

P.S I have read excerpt where |Ukrianian sources have said they don't wish for such info to be refused yet simply wish for routes and timings to be changed.
Maybe its a part moral exercise for the Ukrainians, and part sending a signal to Russia that far from stopping we are continuing to replenish and rearm Ukraine.

Also there will be a lot more unpublished items pouring into the country. Take the Vampire version of one SPG, that was unknown to have been supplied until photos were seen of it in the field.

The M109 is possibly a good choice I think as they got a load from Belgium, so they will be experienced on type, good story about the ones from Belgium, they sold them for peanuts and went to by them back post modification to supply them to Ukraine only to be told they had all been sold and were in Ukraine see

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...e_company.html