PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2022, 03:31
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by lucille
What worries me is the goalpost shifting of the outcomes of vaccination.

Early on Pfizer claimed 96% efficacy in preventing Covid infections. Now, it’s all about minimising the symptoms, not actually stopping it.

So, as I write, I’m Covid positive with three boosters (I.e. 4 jabs in total). The ONLY people, I personally know who have tested positive have also had 4 jabs. What are the odds? Should I go buy a lotto ticket?

Oh, and by the way, the symptoms are less than mild. A slight cough, croaky voice and a runny nose. 4 months ago, I caught a head cold which was many times worse and I didn’t have to self isolate.

I suspect a lot of these Covid horror stories in the news lack the inclusion of that one vital word: Co-morbidities.
That was always going to happen as the virus mutated. Early on we were dealing with the Alpha strain, now we’re up to Omicron BA.5 which I believe has an R0 value around 18 compared to Alpha’s 3 and Delta’s 6. It’s basically up there with measles in terms of transmission rate.

Have you thought that maybe the reason why you only had a mild case of COVID was because of the vaccine rather than in spite of? I’ve had 3 doses and COVID was also a non event for me. For what it’s worth, I won’t be getting a 4th unless there’s a new Vaccine.

What are the odds that vaccinated people are catching COVID? Pretty bloody high given most of the population is vaccinated and we know it does little in terms of transmission of Omicron. If we’re looking at anecdotal evidence, I personally only know a single person who isn’t vaccinated and they were off work sick for nearly 3 weeks. Definitely wasn’t COVID though, if you don’t test then did you ever really have it?

Getting really tired of people overplaying co morbidities and underlying conditions as if they were a death sentence anyway. Most people who die of the Flu actually die from pneumonia caused by the Flu. Sure it’s mostly oldies, as that’s the case with any illness, it always kills the old and the sick at a higher rate. But plenty of people live perfectly healthy lives with their underlying conditions (such as asthma) before COVID came along.

I don’t support lockdowns or mandates, but we can call out political BS without trying to twist the data around vaccines.