PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondering leaving BA
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2022, 18:06
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Easyjet: Good salaries for Captain although I don't know the exact figures. European bases, quicker command, if you are already Airbus this is going to be a quick transfer. High workload, don't know what you fly at BA but if I wanted to fly 800 hrs a year i would just go to the desert
Captain pay is currently £108k + approx £15k sector pay and once you've been in the company 2+/5+/10+ years you receive a loyalty payment of 5%/10%/15% of your basic accordingly. That's before any rise our union is currently bargaining with the company for.

Is easyJet perfect? No. The things I happen to like...Fixed roster pattern (SFO and CPT), home each night from most bases (odd layovers ex-LGW), decent pay (SFO and CPT), decent colleagues, most of the flying isn't too challenging, part-time options-a-plenty, able to report sick/fatigued when enough is enough. Yes there are plenty of things to moan about, things that could easily be improved by the company and the rosters can be challenging sometimes, but ON THE WHOLE, I wouldn't work anywhere else. For me, the good bits outweigh the crap bits. If you don't take company politics too much to heart and stress yourself about the bonuses management get for cocking it up, then it's a decent company to pay your mortgage and enjoy your time off from!

Good luck with whatever decision you make!