PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 12th Jul 2022, 23:20
MickG0105

Received 197 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
There is no toll road from the northern suburbs of Brisbane to the airport, unless you go out of your way to go through the tunnel. But from Petrie you would have to really be going out of your way to find a toll.

I think all you’re showing, by insisting that there’s a toll road from the North side of Brisbane to the airport that I cannot avoid (which I can, without even trying), is that you really have little clue about how Maroochy is definitely not “just near” Brisbane, and that you can’t compare it to Avalon and Melbourne.
Well said. It's pretty clear that a couple of the contributors have no idea. Petrie to Brisbane airport entails Anzac Avenue - Dohles Rocks Road - Bruce Highway/Pine Rivers Bridge and then the Gateway Motorway onto Moreton Drive; 31 kilometres, mostly on dual carriageway at 80-100 km/h, and no tolls. As you've pointed out you need to drive out of your way, into Kedron (25 kilometres, where you spend nearly half your travel time on 60-70 km/h Gympie Road), to get to the closest toll road, the Airport Link tunnel. And then it's another 11 kilometres to the airport. Nobody takes a toll road from Petrie to Brisbane airport.

Last edited by MickG0105; 12th Jul 2022 at 23:28. Reason: Typo