PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2022, 13:52
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyfast123
So, I’ve been here 10 plus years so that gives me an insight into the company and the country.

what I will say is that this thread is full of people who compare euro/us legacy carriers to the ME. DONT. IT IS NOT.

End of shouting!

could covid have been handled better, YES. But it could have been handled better everywhere. The ME did what it needed to to try and survive as it saw fit. It did not mirror what happened in Europe and had no need to. Whether it pays for it now remains to be seen. Comparing what EK or EY did to LH is pointless. It just makes the poster feel better.

should you come to the ME??? Well who knows? I have had 10plus years and made the most of it. It doesn’t mean it’s great but I know the pitfalls and the benefits. I know I do not have social security and union benefits and that if they really wanted they can terminate me. BUT I KNOW that. Why try and argue that there are no safeguards. I KNOW THERE ARE NONE. That’s what I signed up for. If I wanted that I would have stayed in Europe. Stop comparing apples and oranges.

when it comes to those made redundant thru covid. Could it have been better? Sure. But it’s their train set. It is what it is. We are permanently terminable. If you join, you accept that. You cannot put 1st world standards on this place. They are mercenary and commercial. It is about ensuring the survival of the business and country.

you join knowing your place and make the most of it. Do I want to earn peanuts in euroland working for a LCC with some supposed social rights. NO! I accept the place and in return I earn an OK salary without tax.

‘‘tis what it is’.
word from someone who still has a job, an opportunity. A lot of the redundant and rejected ones have nothing. Due to the way EK handled Covid, have list everything. But that’s ok it does not effect the not effected ones.