PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing could cancel the 737 MAX 10
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2022, 22:43
Australopithecus

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by meleagertoo
Austro whatever you are, I simply do not recognise your description of the 737 as any recent variant that I have flown, and neither will anyone else. You seem to be fulminating about it simply because you don't regard it as the latest trendy piffle on the block.
Your car comparison is simply childish and utterly absurd.
What comparable airbus is containerised? Why would anyone want it to be? What's the difference between Airbus and boeing overhead switchgear? Looks? Who wants or needs slide/rafts?
Loud? By what measure?

A ridiculously lightweight, facile and fact-free condemnation.
Speaking of fact free piffle, go ahead and refute it, whoever you are. The A320, of which you may be aware, has containerised baggage.
The 737 is loud on an absolute decibel scale compared to modern aircraft. The 737 is the only aircraft in our fleet that requires noise cancelling headsets for OHS reasons. Overhead switchgear with switch lights is leagues ahead of toggle switches.

It is apparent that you are a rabid 737 fan. I am not and neither do I wholesale admire Airbus. But they do make a better short haul aircraft. Like it/don’t like it: don’t care.

By the way I do have over 25 years on the 737, off and on, 200 through to 800.