PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 10th Jul 2022, 16:36
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
This was you a while back, Dean-

I think Jetgo will have great success on both routes with exactly the right sized aircraft for the routes and will likely end up 2-3 times daily on each route

Here's why
1) Those getting international connections will likely save money, even with the JetGo fare as there is greater discounting at Brisbane and Melbourne than Sydney
2) Those traveling from the Gong to Brisbane or Melbourne have a greater chance of making it to the airport on time at Albion Park
3) Albion park avoids the F6 M1 and often hours of fun and games and fog etc

JetGo just needs to keep in mind 2 things
1) keep flights on time
2) keep fares reasonable

The rest will take care of itself

Hiw did that work out?
Well the Albion Park to Melbourne and Brisbane are still running, as are most of Jetgo's former routes, just with Link now in a similar size aircraft
There was nothing particularly wrong with their network as such and by all accounts, they were getting reasonable loads

I will concede however that I agree that Bonza 73M is likely too big for the start up routes they have published, I reckon the second round of route announcements will make more sense for 180 seats....