PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2022, 09:16
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazeem
The last comment I find immature.
​​​​​Just make sure to leave the business as well when you are negative. I think we wouldn't have many pilots flying noeadays if we would listen to your advice.

When trainers have to think carefully what wording they use in a pamflet, something is wrong. When they are called up by the wasta manager and have to defend themselves...something is wrong. Choice to make..giving up the precious STAR or becoming a TRE. As most of us are mercenaries the choice has already been made.
​​​​​
And we all have heard of persons who were axed. And we say that these guys must have done something very wrong etc. Sometimes that is true. Many times it is not.

You have stay in survival mode. Denial plays an important role. The more time you spend here, the more aware you will become. That said...some of us are still in the running for 1st place in the World Championship Denial held at the HQ. I made it to the 4th round
Well I did exactly that to get into aviation.

I had a career before, trained to be a pilot at the same time. After qualifying it took me 5 years to start flying. 3 of those years I just stayed in my previous career getting frustrated hating it everyday. The pay was ok and I was “comfortable”. A mate of mine at work said “look you have to leave completely or you will be a lifer here”. Took me another 6 months but yes I did that taking a job at an airport. Best decision I ever made. It was half the pay but I came alive, even though it wasn’t flying I loved it.
At my previous outfit I flew with people exactly like nimrod. They would moan so much, hating the company, hated flying, earlies, lates, management, passengers the whole lot. Company went under and all those that really hated it have moved on and retrained, driving instructor, signaller, own businesses (half a dozen done this), lecturers, fireman. When they found out I got back in the flight deck they said well done to me, most of them said they needed that push to get out of aviation. A brutal way for it to happen. The ones I have kept in touch with said they didn’t realise how unhappy they were until it was over. Some of them also were the ones saying the company is against them. Had a bad SIM score etc etc.

To me Nimrod and some others it might not be just EK and ME annoying you but a combination of everything. Many have the dream of flying but aviation is tough if you’re not enjoying it. I met a guy who was a Lufthansa cadet. He stayed the minimum time and left aviation completely. He loved the dream but hated the reality.

For me it’s not an EK dream but living in Dubai. We have friends there, some of them have lived there for 25 years!!! Not in aviation. My kids love going on holiday there, seeing our friends plus everything else. Yes living there is different, like I said we have friends there and for me my Mrs is from the ME, growing up in the area. My situation is different. They would have stayed but had to evacuate during Gulf 1.

Anyway completely off topic now.