PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2022, 08:42
Mach E Avelli

Received 152 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Athiest here. I don't belief in 'beliefs'

Science is the key, not blindly following it, but reading it, understanding it, questioning it. When all of these professionals are trained in the same science and there are contrary views what do you do? Unfortunately there are zealots on both sides that find it impossible to discuss, debate and argue the differing views. To my mind the rabid vaxxers are every bit as bad as the anti-vax crew.

And the moral high grounders tend to be the vaxxers. Given recent information on the vaccines you don't find it prudent to ask questions?
Fellow atheist here.
I am not a complete moral high grounder, not rabid (except in my opinions on religion and Putin), but firmly pro-vax. With very much the attitude that natural selection will take care of those who are destined for an early departure from this mortal coil, whether due bad luck or stupidity. Having access to vaccines surely defers that date for a good proportion of the population, though we have to accept that vaccines won’t work for everyone.
But to relate personal experience of two 'elderly' people (70+). Wife had all 4 shots of Pfizer at the recommended intervals. I had two of AZ then the two Pfizer boosters, also at the recommended intervals. A few months after the second booster wife got covid from a close contact in the workplace. I could have avoided her by staying on my boat, but chose to go home and see how long it would take to catch it, because I really did not want to have a later scheduled overseas holiday spoiled. I was seeking the 12 week immunity on offer (though of course not guaranteed) which supposedly follows recovery.
After two days, I tested positive, but with no symptoms. Mild symptoms 24 hours later. Neither of us had symptoms any worse than those of a common cold, and by day 7 of our respective isolation periods we were absolutely fine.
I appreciate that good luck,(or genes) may have played a part, but I also dips me lid to the scientists who brought us vaccines so quickly.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 4th Jul 2022 at 18:38.