PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022
Old 1st Jul 2022, 18:05
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Wednesday evening, 29th.
Friends arrived STN. Their FR was late at MAD and they missed departure slot. Arrived right at end of day with several other flights. They had to queue to get to the immigration queue Altogther 45 mins just to get to the gate - which then refused one of them and sent to side queue which took even longer. They were glad that they had only hand luggage.

Friday afternoon, 1st July.
Collecting family at LHR T5 (also from MAD) They said that MAD was FULL and had to queue a long time for bag drop and the terminal was heaving, no time to go to the lounge.
Flight arrived within 10 mins of due time. The sailed through the family line of immigration.
Baggage ... I can confirm that the baggage problem is as bad as reported.

The bags arrived on two belts, so they had to watch carefully (along with all the others from the A320) and keep their baby happy.
After waiting for over an hour they were still waiting for two bags (they had been away for a month) and so mum came on through so that she could get to car to feed baby and another 15 mins later dad emerged with no bags as they were lost. He was given a lovely leaftlet on how to report.

He has asked for my help in crafting the letter to BA and I shall enjoy that. Part of that is that the on board meal (Row A in Club) was delivered BEFORE the drinks. In my experience, the food usually arrives long after the drinks.