PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAO 48.1 Operators Breaching the Award
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2022, 00:40
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhterrke Atnyeneteke
Sure. But 15.3 Facilitative Provision says you can modify this, and 15.5 says it doesn't apply to a >2 pilot crew.

Furthermore you're conveniently ignored the elephant in the room by stopping reading 15.2 at 15.2(a)...(b) general or employer-specific exemptions to, or concessions under, the regulations approved by CASA from time to time; or
(c) a Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) that has been developed by the employer after consultation with the affected pilots and/or their representatives and approved by CASA to apply to particular employers and employees.So none of what you wrote re the 12 hour limit applies if B or C applies.....

Your statement is not correct. 15(.2(c) skewers it straight through the heart.

I'm not trying to nit pick or belittle you, but I'd hate for someone to grab what you wrote as gospel and walk in to HR and throw their weight around and come off a bit worse for wear when they read past (a).
Your point is well taken.

In hindsight I have failed to see the implications for those operating under an FRMS! And yes, pilots should always seek the advice of their professional representatives.

I view the term “...developed by the employer after consultation with the affected pilots...” with a certain level of bemusement. I wonder just how many pilots truly understood the implications that these systems (apparently negotiated in their name) would have on their future quality of life?

There are still some operators however who only use CAO 48.1