PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hit and run at JFK
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2022, 02:52
First_Principal

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Full marks to Air France for persisting in the face of extremely indifferent ATC, er, GTC 👏

While there may have been some minor difficulties with accent I didn't have any issue understanding AF the first time, let alone the further multiple times they tried to explain.

Once Ground got it (or did they?!) I was very surprised they asked AF to find a telephone and call the Tower, that doesn't seem reasonable to me - at least not in the first instance?

To be fair the recording may not be complete, and no doubt more detail will out following investigation but at this stage it appears to me there are a series of holes in the cheese lining up that shouldn't (incl Alitalia crew), and it's just luck that there wasn't a last hole ready for everything to drop through. If nothing else this could make a good training event for various organisations to show how easily things can go awry if people don't do as they should, or are not at the peak of their game all the time.

Last edited by First_Principal; 26th Jun 2022 at 02:53. Reason: minor grammatical error