PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What did officers eat for lunch?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2022, 11:55
Headstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping on the thread drift of lunches with the Royals . My wife and I had the genuine pleasure of meeting Princess Anne, in the 1980s and 1990s. Both times she seemed genuinely interested in us both professionally and personally such as asking about our families and any difficulties with education due to moving counties or even countries every few years. Fist time everything went exactly to the timetable but during the second we had the OM mess manager and chef pulling their very sparse hair out. In the morning she went to look at a Riding for Disabled initiative run by the base then the primary school. Both close to her heart so she was asking so many questions and talking to so many of the children she was 45 mins late at lunch. She did apologise to all and almost back on track when time to leave alter on. I imagine the purists on here would say that the lateness was rude but she was genuinely interested and the pleasure the two groups she chatted to in the morning gained from the experience was I believe worth it.