PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 16th Jun 2022, 22:21
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Das Uber you stun me. "You realise you drive a bus/" In one short (stupid) statement you have entirely destroyed the concept of pilot remuneration. Should we be paid $72k like a bus driver? You've probably been on these forums pontificating about why pilots must keep remuneration levels commensurate with the responsibilities, the non benign airborne environment, the years of study, hours building and qualifications earned (bus driver??), the checking regime, the medical standards. etc etc. We are not JUST bus drivers.

As for the uniform, your argument is flawed. Sure, a uniform does not make you fly better. Fly in the nude for all I care - it won't affect how you fly. But the uniform is about PUBLIC PERCEPTION and that is all. It is about making you and your airline looking the part, looking professional - looking like the kind of well studied, competent flyer that the nervous flyer wants to trust. I sit in terminals and often look at uniform standards. When I see the guy with tie on but dragged 6 inches down with the top button undone, no jacket on, shirt pulled out a bit, hat under the arm - I think slob, I think bad attitude, I think lazy piece of ****. Not the guy I want flying me as he looks like he hasn't opened a book in 30 years and wouldn't know his memory items or limitations. My point is, he may know them all perfectly, he may fly like a bird, he may be a great guy - but to the public in the terminal, he looks like he's just stepped out of the Bruisers Arms in Blacktown at 2 am on a Saturday morning. If you think that's ok Das, you are better suited to lollypop man on the Princes Highway.

What did you wear to your last interview mate? Bet you dressed well. Why?? Perception - impressing the interviewers, looking the part to be the part.

I saw a VA crew come out of the aerobridge recently - F/O looked immaculate - hat on, jacket done up, tie done up. The other guy - I assume captain - but he had no jacket, no wings, no tie, no epaulettes, no hat, just a withe shirt and a nav bag. Great attitude mate. F/O looked like a keen young guy who I would trust. But hey, he's just a bus driver isn't he Das.