PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan 2021 Onwards
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2022, 11:34
skridlov

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gums
Salute!

Great OP-ed appeared shortly after Kabul fell, and it describes the fate of the 'stan. I wholeheartedly agreed with the guy's conclusion.

To avoid some ROE concerning polyticks, I submit the URL for your consideration.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...el-greenfield/

Gums sends...
Just read through this piece. With regard to much of the history he offers the same analysis that I posted here last year. His observations about the "religious philosophy" which underpins much of the situation across Asia and the Middle East I heartily concur with. Yesterday, here in the UK, an additional 400 migrants arrived by RIB on the beaches of southern UK. From past observation I think that many of them will have been Afghan. The certainty will be that they are almost all members of the same "religious community". Presumably they were escaping persecution in France? Or one of the numerous EU countries through which they had previously travelled? Otherwise why they would risk their lives in a relatively perilous crossing? I don't see this very obvious question being addressed - ever.

Through a number of contacts in the local community I get something of an inside track on the subculture that is evolving from the influx. As the author of this piece correctly observes it doesn't take too long before they begin to resent their host country - despite being offered a degree of support which is luxurious in comparison with the environment of their origins. Our local council has had to disperse and relocate some of the young Afghan males ( plus Syrian etc) who were coalescing into dangerous gang-like groups. That their characters have been created by the situation in their home country of perpetual war, absence of education and religious obscurantism in no way moderates my objections.