PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Ryr
Thread: Leaving Ryr
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2022, 11:55
limahotel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman
unless you are Irish or somewhat connected you never can return to RYR if you leave.

Sometimes a spot opens unexpectedly in a Typerating course and they need someone on short notice. If a candidate already passed the hiring process even good companies don’t really care if that person still has a notice period with RYR. Make sure you have an insurance for legal counsel and let them take you to court if they insist you paying back this 5K. In addition ask them for a cost specification for your type rating course - especially if you joined rated on type. They are risking opening Pandora’s box. I have never burned bridges so far but I would not think one second about it wrt Ryanair.
Not true. I know of at least two people who have returned. Even I (eventually) got a second chance but then covid hit and everything came to a standstill. What I wanted to say is, if you don't pay the penalty, I am almost certain you will never play the blue and yellow harp again. On the other hand, if you try and explain your situation to them (and pay the penalty), there is still no guarantee they will take you back.