PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2022, 21:20
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a report on our experience at MAN with TUI flights to Palma and return.
Departure was on Monday 6th June with an SDT of 06.30.
The check-in queue in T2 extended back some distance into the Skylink and the whole process took exactly an hour.
It appeared that only one of the standard desks was in use and that for premium passengers. For the rest, as you emerged from the 9 'lanes' holding the queues, there were 3 parts to the process. Initially 4 or 5 staff were waiting to check passports and Covid passes as it was to Spain. Then it was round to the next section to the self check-in machines where a member of staff came to assist. Bags weighed and PMI stickers attached. Finally, it was a short 4 or 5 yard walk to place cases on a belt.
Security queues extended back into the main T2X and round into the next zone - F I think. However, it moved fairly steadily and the process took 50 minutes. From what I could see, 5 lanes were open, including 1 & 2 which I assumed were fast track, plus 4, 7 and 8. There was no shouting, pushing or aggro. and the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful.
The aircraft pushed back at 07.20, 50 minutes late, and the pilot in apologising for the delay, mentioned the Cleaners hadn't turned up when they should.
So, in normal circumstances, those waiting times would be far from acceptable, but in the current climate were better than some that have been reported and less than we feared.
Just to add that it took 75 minutes for our cases to arrive after parking at an airbridge stand at Palma.

The return yesterday, the 13th, required no complaints. Pushed back at PMI on the dot at 19.20 their time, arrived on stand 104 at T2X 3 minutes early at 20.57. It's a fair walk even from that stand to Border Control but the 2 sections of travellator were working! Plenty of e-gates open with no delays and the first cases came through in 30 minutes from on stand, our own 5 minutes or so later. I accept it was probably a good time of the evening to arrive, not having the surge that can happen at periods between 22.00 and 02.00.